- 400 milliliters coconut milk (or coyo)
- 200 grams peanut butter
- 5 chicken thighs (boneless and skinless)
- 150 grams cooked & peeled prawns
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 Fish Stock pot/cube
- 3 red chillies (de-seeded and sliced)
- 2 limes
- 2 clove garlic
- Toppings: chopped cashews & coriander
- Poach the chicken thighs in lightly salted water (or add a chicken stock cube for extra flavour) for 15 minutes on a low simmer, while you are doing this start on the XinXim curry broth.
- Add chopped onion to a large saucepan or wok with 1 teaspoon of Coconut Oil, cook on a low heat and add the three chilies (De-seeded and sliced length ways.)
- Cook everything until onions are transparent and add the crushed garlic, cook for a further minute taking care the garlic doesn't burn and add the coconut milk, juice of two limes, peanut butter and fish stock.
- Drain the chicken, reserving 100 milliliters of the water, and add this "stock" to the curry.
- Cut the chicken into strips and add to the curry broth along with the prawns.
- Heat for a further 5 minutes and serve.
- Optional: Top XinXim curry with coriander and toasted cashews to serve.