Affogato Tiramisu Fridge Cake
Tiramisu will never be the same after this Afogato twist!
- 120g Ladyfinger biscuits
- 2 tbsp instant coffee
- 150 ml boiling water
- 10 scoops of vanilla, slightly softened
- 150g dark Chocolate, melted
- 120g Coffee biscuits
- 40g butter, softened
- 180ml whipping cream
- 250g mascarpone
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp espresso powder
- For the coffee syrup:
- 125g sugar
- 125 ml water
- 3 tbsp instant or espresso powder
- Shot of espresso to finish
- Add the instant coffee to the boiling water and let it brew. In a glass square dish or something similar, place the ladyfingers at the bottom of the dish and pour over the coffee enough to cover and the sponge fingers to absorb in.
- Take the vanilla out of the freeze 5-10 minutes before using. Once soft enough scoop over the sponge fingers and spread over evenly. Place back in the freeze.
- Melt the chocolate over a bain marie and once melted stir through the butter and take off the heat. Roughly break up the biscuits with a rolling pins and stir through the chocolate mix. Leave till completely cool and then top on the ice cream. Place back in the freezer.
- Make the coffee syrup by adding the water and sugar together in a small pan on a medium heat. Once all the sugar has dissolved, add in the coffee and bring to a rolling boil. Turn down and cook down for about 8 more minutes before taking off the heat and leaving to cool completely.
- Whip the cream with the mascarpone and the sugar and the espresso powder. Keep whisking until well combined. Spoon this on top of the biscuit layer and finish with the cooled coffee syrup, letting this drip down the sides of the layers. Place in the freeze for at least four hours before serving.
- Once ready to serve, take out from the freeze 5-10 min before and cut into 9 even pieces and finish by pouring over a shot of espresso. Delicious.