Puff Pastry Rose Apple Rolls with Cinnamon Drizzle
A rose by any other name would taste as sweet
- 1 ready rolled puff pastry sheet
- 2 red apples
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 100 milliliters of water
- 1 tablespoon of raspberry jam
- 4 tablespoons of icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 160C.
- Lay the pastry vertically in front of you and cut into 6 equal strips, cutting horizontally across the pastry.
- Slice the apples in half, and slice into think half moons and straight away pop the slices into a bowl with the water and lemon juice so they don't discolour. Mix carefully and cook in the microwave for 2 minutes until softened. Allow to cool.
- Brush each strip of pastry with the raspberry jam and then layer the apple slices over the pastry, so the curves of the apples go above the pastry, and the straight line of apple slices comes down to about half way on the pastry. Fold the bottom half of the pastry up and roll the pastry and apple strips loosely from left to right, forming a rose shape, pressing at the end to seal. Pop into a cupcake case and into a cupcake tray and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- To make the drizzle, loosen the icing sugar and cinnamon with a little water until it's at drizzling consistency and drizzle over the rose apples before serving.