- 300 grams Risotto Rice
- 1.2 Litres of Chicken Stock
- 2 Shallots
- 100 milliliters White Wine
- 40 grams Parmesan
- 100 grams Mozzarella
- 60 grams Mascarpone
- 150 grams Breadcrumbs
- Flour & Egg to Pane
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- Chop the shallots and soften with a tablespoon of butter.
- Add the risotto rice and cook to toast the grains. Next add the white wine and cook for 1-2m until it has completely absorbed.
- Reduce the heat to low and add a ladle of the stock, allowing the liquid to absorb until adding the next ladle. Cook for about 22m, the rice should be slightly sticky once done.
- Stir in the parmesan and mascarpone and spread onto a baking sheet and allow to cool in the fridge for an hour.
- Roll up the cooled rice into balls and poke a cube of mozzarella in the middle.
- Cover the balls in flour, egg & breadcrumb.
- Heat a large pan of vegetable oil, it is hot when a few breadcrumbs sprinkled in start to sizzle & float.
- Cook the balls for 2-3m or until a deep golden colour.