Avocado & Bacon Puffs
These bacon wrapped avocado puffs are snack perfection!
- 1 firm large avocado
- 60 grams plain flour
- 4 rashers smoked streaky bacon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 roll all butter puff pastry sheets
- Chilli jam with yoghurt and sriracha mayo for dipping
- Cut the avocados in half and then each half into 4 thick slices. Roll the avocado slices in plain flour lightly.
- Flatten out the bacon as much as possible before cooking. Cook the bacon but do not crisp it, so it is still possible to bend around the avocado slices without breaking.
- Cut the bacon in half lengthways and starting at the top, wrap around the avocado slices. On a floured surface, roll out the pastry, place the wrapped avocado slices on the pastry. Cut an oval shape around the wrapped avocado, leaving a small gap to seal the edges. Pinch the pastry around the slices to ensure a good seal.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place on a baking tray and brush with egg wash. Bake for around 12-14 minutes, until the pastry is golden and crisp. Mix your chilli jam
- And yoghurt or sriracha with mayo for dipping.