Avocado Scotch Egg
You probably won't find this in the local boozer. Watch as we prepare the best Scotch egg recipe ever
- 3 ripe avocados
- 4 medium eggs
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 150 grams panko breadcrumbs
- 125 grams clarified butter, melted
- 2 egg yolks
- Splash tarragon vinegar
- Lemon juice and zest
- Cayenne pepper
- Boil eggs for 4 minutes until soft boiled. Drain in iced water.
- Half avocados, remove stone and scoop out flesh to create two halves.
- Peel the egg and ensure it fits in the hole where the stone was.
- Push the avocado back together, roll in flour then egg
- And breadcrumbs to coat. Set to one side.
- For the hollandaise, place a glass bowl over a pan of
- Lightly simmering water. Add the egg yolks, with the
- Vinegar, salt and tarragon vinegar. Gradually incorporate
- All of the butter until the sauce is thick. Loosen with a splash of water if required and add in the cayenne pepper and lemon juice and zest to taste.
- Deep fry the avocado for 2 minutes until golden and serve alongside the scotch eggs.