Bacon Cinnamon Roll
Thought we couldn't improve cinnamon rolls? Think again!
- 3 packets cinnamon roll dough
- 12 slices streaky bacon
- 150g demerara sugar
- 100g icing sugar
- 30ml maple syrup
- Start by cooking the bacon; fry the streaky bacon slices in a pan with a little vegetable oil until crispy. Remove from the pan and roll immediately in the demerara sugar. Set aside.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 C / 180 C fan.
- Unroll the cinnamon roll doughs and place on a surface. Cut in half lengthways and widthways, so make 4 long rectangles. Place a piece of bacon on each strip and fold in half so that the dough sandwiches the bacon. Roll up from one side to make a spiral and place into a greased muffin tin. Repeat until all of the holes are filled then sprinkle with a little more demerara sugar.
- Place into the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes then remove and leave the buns to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the tin.
- To make the icing, mix together the icing sugar and maple syrup and place in a piping bag then pipe over the still warm buns just before serving.