Baked Bean Pizza
When you're broke, it's time for baked beans to shine!
- Pizza Dough:
- 300ml warm water
- 25ml warm water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tsp caster sugar
- 7g easy bake yeast
- 400g ‘00’ flour
- 100g semolina
- ½ tsp salt
- baked beans
- spaghetti hoops
- mozzarella, grated
- In a glass mix together the warm water, milk, olive oil, sugar and yeast and leave for a few minutes until foamy.
- Add flour, semolina and salt into a large bowl and whisk together until incorporated. Make a well in the centre.
- Pour the foamy wet ingredients into the well and stir together with a wooden spoon. When you can no longer stir the dough, tip it out onto a clean surface and knead for 10 minutes.
- Grease the large bowl with butter and place the dough back in. Cover with cling film and leave it to rise in a warm place for about 45 minutes to an hour or until doubled in size.
- Once risen, punch down the dough and give it a little knead. Cut the dough into four and stretch one of the quarters of dough onto a pizza tray. Place the remaining dough back in the bowl and cover it until needed.
- Spoon the baked beans, draining away some of the excess sauce, onto the base until evenly covered. Top with grated mozzarella. As an alternative repeat with the second piece of dough, this time try using spaghetti hoops.
- Place pizzas into a preheated oven at 200ºC for 10-15 minutes. Enjoy :D