Baked Camembert With Pancetta Breadstick Twists
Baked Camembert is a super popular sharing dish, add in our awesome pancetta pastry dippers and you've got a winner!
- 2 packs pre-rolled puff pastry
- 2 tbsp English mustard
- 30 thin slices of pancetta (15 slices split down the middle)
- 1 whole camembert
- Few sprigs fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Egg wash
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Roll out both sheets of puff pastry to 0.5cm and cut out a circle from each sheet, as large as you can. The circles need to be the same shape!
- Line a tray with baking paper and lay one circle of pastry on top of that. Place the camembert in the middle, still in it’s wooden nest, then brush the rest of the pastry with mustard.
- Starting at the top of the camembert, lay strips of pancetta from the edge of the camembert to the outside of the pastry, all around the cheese in a full circle. Leave a small amount of pancetta hanging over the edge of the pastry.
- Cut a hole in the middle of your second piece of pastry, the same size as the camembert. Carefully put the pastry on top of the pancetta slices and press it down around the edge of the camembert, to seal it to the pastry underneath.
- Gently cut in-between all of the pancetta strips, so that you have lots of strips leading from the middle to the edge of the circle. Carefully twist each one around a few times and lay it back on the tray as flat and as straight as you can. You might want to trim a couple slightly, once you’ve twisted them all, to neaten it up.
- Make a few criss-cross incisions in the top of the camembert and stick thin slices of garlic into them. Arrange rosemary sprigs on the top and drizzle the cheese with olive oil.
- Brush the pastry with egg wash and sprinkle with cracked black pepper, then bake for 12-14 minutes at 200C (180C fan).
- Serve immediately.