- 3 ripe banana peels
- 2 tbsp neutral oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp liquid smoke (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 140*C.
- Cut the banana peel into thick strips, discarding both black ends. Use a spoon to scrape the fibrous insides of the banana away, so you’re left with just the thin skin.
- Preheat the oil in a medium sized frying pan and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until blistered and golden brown.
- Toss the banana peels in the maple syrup, brown sugar & smoked paprika in the pan, and allow to bubble up, then place on a parchment or foil lined baking tray.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes until crisp and deeply golden.