- 3 ripe banana peels
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3 tbsp barbecue sauce
- Use a spoon to scrape the fibrous insides of the banana peel away, and discard, leaving only the skins. Use a fork to ‘pull’ the banana peel into small strips, and then use a knife to roughly chop – leaving some long strands.
- Add the olive oil to a medium sized frying pan. Add the onion and cook until soft, translucent and beginning to brown. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute until fragrant.
- Add the banana peel, smoked paprika and cumin and stir fry for 2 minutes. Then add 200 millilitres water and allow the mixture to cook for approximately 10 minutes until all of the liquid has evaporated and the banana peels are tender.
- Add the barbecue sauce, season to taste, and serve.