Banana Rum Cookie Cups
Surprise your party guests with these awesome, chocolate lined cookie cups!
- (Cookie shot glasses)
- 115g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 200g packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 240g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 50g dark chocolate chips
- 100g dark chocolate, melted
- 1 banana
- Brown sugar, to sprinkle
- (For the cocktail)
- 25ml dark rum
- 25ml banana liqueur
- 25ml double cream
- (To serve)
- Whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Mix together the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract, then mix in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Once the mixture is combined, add the roughly chopped chocolate chips.
- Half-fill the shot glass cookie moulds with cookie mixture, then insert the middle section and push down until the inner section is sticking out by just 5mm.
- Trim any spare biscuit mix that pushes out of the top of the mould.
- Bake the cookies for 20-25 minutes until well cooked.
- Trim any cookie mix that has come over the top of the mould then leave to cool in the tins for 10 minutes - no longer, as the chocolate will start to set and stick .
- Carefully turn the tins upside down to release the cookies from the moulds.
- Once cool, pour the chocolate into the cookie cups and move around the cover the inside of the cups to create a water-tight lining.
- Leave to set for at least one hour before using as a liquid container.
- Slice the banana into thin slices and lay on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with brown sugar and then, using a blow torch, caramelise the sugar.
- To make the banoffee pie cocktail, mix equal parts dark rum, banana liqueur and cream together and shake over ice. Serve in the cookie shot glasses with a squirt of cream and grated chocolate.