Barbecued Snapper With Pesto Pasta
Chef Guy Turland takes us to Camp Cove to make a plate-sized barbecued snapper with a rustic pesto pasta.
- Basil x1 bunch
- Garlic x1 clove
- Pine nuts x200g
- Parmesan cheese x100g
- Lemon x1
- Dried chili x1teaspoon
- Salt /pepper to taste
- Pasta x300g
- In a mixing bowl mix chop basil, micro plain garlic and lemon, then remaining ingredients
- Mix well season to taste with salt and pepper
- Cook pasta as per instructions on packet, till firm to the tooth.
- While still warm toss though pesto with 2 tablespoons of pasta water till combined then chill till needed.
- Lemon x2
- Thyme x2
- Rosemary x2
- Olive oil
- With paper towel wipe down snapper. With a sharp knife make a incision behind the head of the fish on the angle continue down the snapper on the same angle each cut 3 centimeters apart.
- Slice lemon and herbs, and place half inside snapper cavity.
- With the remaining herbs and lemon layer on the outside of fish and place in fish press.
- Season with salt pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.