- 2 large onions
- 400g beef mince
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- Few sprigs of parsley leaves, chopped
- 16 rashers streaky bacon
- BBQ sauce
- Pre-heat the oven to 200c.
- Peel the skin from the onions then cut off the tops and bottoms. Peel away the large outer layers and set aside.
- Finely chop up some of the remaining onion and place in a large bowl. Add to this the mince, garlic, egg, parsley and a generous amount of seasoning. Mix together well then divide into 4 balls. Encase each ball between two large onion pieces, doing your best to fully enclose the meat. Wrap each ball with streaky bacon and secure each end with cocktail sticks.
- Transfer to a lined baking tray and cook for 40 minutes. Brush with BBQ sauce and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, remove the cocktail sticks and serve right away.