Beetroot Goats' Cheese Risotto
This stunning risotto is as good as it looks!
- 600 milliliters veg stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 200 grams risotto rice
- 1 glass dry white wine
- 1 knob butter
- 150 grams cooked beetroot
- 50 grams parmesan cheese
- 150 grams goats cheese
- 1 bag rocket
- Heat olive oil over low heat and gently fry onion and garlic until soft. Add rice and increase heat.
- When rice is translucent add wine and reduce. Turn down the heat.
- Slowly add ladleful's of stock and stir to massage it into the rice. Add salt and pepper throughout to taste.
- Blitz cooked beetroot in processor until a puree is made.
- Once rice is cooked through still with a little bite, stir through the beetroot puree. Add the knob of butter and parmesan and stick a lid on. Don't touch for 3 minutes.
- While waiting for the risotto to finish, pull apart blobs of goat's cheese.
- Fold in the rocket throughout the risotto and allow to wilt slightly.
- Serve with blobs of goat's cheese and another twist of pepper.