Biang Biang Mian
Biang Biang Mian - your new favourite noodle recipe.
- 300g all purpose flour or bread flour
- 2g salt
- 130- 140ml water
- 1 tbsp black vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- A few heaped tbsp of homemade chilli oil (chilli flakes, crushed Asian chilli pepper flakes, vegetable oil that has been infused with star anise, cinnamon and Sichuan peppercorns)
- Pak choy
- Green shallots
- Add ingredients in a bowl and incorporated. It will be a tough dough. Remove from the bowl and knead until it becomes smooth. Wrap and rest for 20 mins.
- Roll into a log, cut in half and divide into six.
- Oil the bench. With a rolling pin press out into a rectangle shape. From here you can begin to pull the noodles, slapping them on the bench and gradually stretching them.
- When thin enough spit the noodle down the middle.
- Place the noodles into a pot of boiling salted water, until cooked. Put the pak choy in there with the noodles.
- When cooked transfer into a wok along with your chilli oil and green shallots and toss or stir.