Jack's Big Mac
Forget the golden arches, Jack's mac is bigger and better
- 400 grams beef mince
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 sesame seed burger buns
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 1 iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
- 2 slices burger cheese
- 2 large pickles, thinly sliced
- Big Mac sauce:
- 300 grams mayonnaise
- 2 gherkins
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- Pinch of white pepper
- 2 teaspoons American burger mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoons sweet smoked paprika
- Mix all of the big mac sauce ingredients with a whisk and set aside.
- Take the minced beef, mould into a ball and press out into burgers.
- Slice the burger buns to leave a top, a bottom and a middle piece and toast until golden brown.
- Fry the burgers until just cooked.
- Assemble the Big Mac by placing the sauce on the bottom bun, topped with diced onion, lettuce, 1 patty, a slice of cheese and diced gherkin. Place the middle bun on top of the patty, repeat the process and top with the bun.