- 200 milliliters double (heavy) cream
- 300 grams thick Greek yoghurt
- 215 grams drained, tinned, pitted black cherries
- 2 tablespoons juice/syrup reserved
- 1 tablespoon cassis, cherry brandy or kirsch
- 70 grams demerara (raw) sugar
- Whip the cream until just past the soft peak stage, so it's thick but not quite stiff.
- Fold it into the yoghurt until it's smooth and well incorporated.
- Put the cherries (or fresh raspberries and cherries), the reserved juice and the alcohol into the bottom of an oven/grill-proof serving dish and stir to coat.
- Top with the yoghurt and cream mixture and scatter over the sugar in an even layer.
- Place under a hot grill (or use a blow torch) to toast the sugar until it's bubbling and bruleed - its individual grains should have melded into a hot molten layer. DO NOT test it with your finger.
- Leave for at least 20 minutes, until it's completely set and cooled, and chill until you are ready to serve.