- 500g dried pappardelle
- 85g unsalted butter
- 100g freshly grated parmesan, plus more to serve
- 1 black truffle, grate half and leave half for shaving at the end
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Cook the pasta in a big pot of boiling salted water for 2 minutes less than the packet instructions state. While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a large frying pan and add the parmesan. When the pasta is cooked add about 100 millilitres of the pasta cooking water, stirring to emulsify.
- Drain the pasta and toss through the sauce in the frying pan. Grate in a few rasps of truffle and add most of the chopped parsley. Stir and continue to coat in the sauce for a few minutes then divide onto serving plates. Sprinkle with some more parmesan and slice some fresh truffle over. Serve with the rest of the chopped parsley divided between the plates.