Baileys Salted Caramel Blondies with Edible Flowers
In partnership with Baileys.
- 115g salted butter
- 300g white chocolate, chopped into chunks
- 2 eggs
- 60g granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 100ml Baileys Salted Caramel
- 160g plain flour
- 100g white chocolate, chopped into chunks
- 35ml Baileys Salted Caramel
- 3 tablespoons icing sugar
- Edible flowers
- Preheat the oven to 150*C.
- Line an 8 x 8 square brownie tin with butter and baking parchment.
- Pop the butter in a pan and melt over a low heat, then continue to simmer for 6-7 minutes until the butter smells nutty, is foamy on top and the milk solids have turned a golden brown colour.
- Chop the chocolate and divide - melt 200g of the chocolate over a pan of barely simmering water (or alternatively, you can do this in the microwave in 30 second intervals) until melted and smooth.
- Add the melted butter to the bowl of white chocolate with the Baileys and mix well to combine. Set aside.
- Using an electric hand whisk or a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the eggs for 3 minutes until foamy and increased in volume.
- Add the sugar and salt.
- Add the chocolate Baileys mixture and mix well until combined.
- Sieve the flour over the mixture and mix until just combined.
- Add the remaining chocolate chunks and fold in by hand with a silicone spatula.
- Pour the blondie batter into the prepared tin and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool fully in the tin and then refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- When you’re ready to decorate, melt the remaining chocolate, add the Baileys and icing sugar and mix well to combine until you have a smooth, lump free icing.
- Pour the icing all over the blondies and smooth out with a spatula. Cover with edible flowers and press them into the icing (it helps to get a sheet of non-stick baking parchment to press down with) - refrigerate for 15 mins before slicing into 12 squares.
- Serve and enjoy.