Breakfast lasagne is for all our breakfast lovers out there. Bacon, eggs and all the things you love in one dish!
- 500g hashbrowns
- 4 high quality pork sausages, squeezed from their skins
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 x 400g tins of baked beans
- 1 tbsp brown sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 25g butter
- 500g chestnut mushrooms, roughly chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 150g sliced mozzarella
- 150g sliced cheddar
- 250g streaky bacon
- 4 eggs
- Pre-heat oven to 210 C / 190 C fan
- Cook the hashbrowns according to the packet instructions and set aside.
- Fry the sausage meat in 1 tbsp olive oil until golden - using the back of a fork or a wooden spoon to break up any big clumps. Add the beans and the brown sauce and ketchup and stir to combine then take off the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- In a separate pan, set over a medium high heat, add 1 tbsp oil and the mushrooms and cook until golden, then add the butter, and stir to coat the mushrooms. Season well, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Assemble the lasagne: Begin by putting a thin layer of sausage and bean mixture on the bottom of a 20 x 33 lasagne dish. Follow with a layer of hashbrowns, fitting them in as best as you can. Add a layer of cheese and top with the mushrooms. Lay a second layer of hashbrowns on top of the mushrooms and top with more cheese. Finally, lay the bacon on top of everything.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 25 - 30 minutes or until the bacon is crisp
- Remove the lasagne from the oven and using a glass, make 4 indents in the top of the lasagne. Crack an egg into each indent. Season with salt and pepper and place back into the oven for a further 10 minutes to cook the egg.
- Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes before slicing into 6 and serving.