Breakfast Muffins With Juice Pulp
Waste not, want not! Here's a cool use for your leftover juice pulp... Breakfast muffins!
- 350 grams plain flour
- 1 banana, mashed
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 3 tablespoons greek yoghurt
- 200 milliliters almond milk
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Handful of rolled oats
- 2 handfuls of juice pulp - works best with 2 juiced
- Apples, 1 beetroot, knob of ginger and roughly 3
- Juicer for the pulp
- Muffin tin
- Preheat oven to 180C. In a bowl mix the flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg. Next add the banana, juice pulp, yoghurt, vanilla and honey and stir to combine. Mix in enough almond milk until it forms quite a thick batter.
- Spoon the batter into greased muffin tins, sprinkle in oats and cook for 25-30 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean. NB. They won't rise quite as high as traditional muffins due to the ingredients.