Bubble Tea Freakshakes
When bubble tea and freakshakes combine you witness something beautiful
- 2 cups dried tapioca pearls
- 8 cups water
- For the flavours:
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp matcha
- Berry and oolong tea bags
- 400ml whole milk
- Squirty cream
- Your favourite sweet toppings
- Brew all the teas by placing 300ml water on to boil.
- Have separate pans for each tea. To each one add 1/2 tbsp of caster sugar. Bring to the boil and let it brew for about 4 mins, before discarding the tea bags and placing in a fridge to cool
- Next, boil the tapioca to soften. This will only take about
- 10 mins. For each 1/2 cup of tapioca, add 2 cups of water and bring to the boil. The tapioca should start to float.
- Divide the milk evenly between the tea flavours. Place the softened, chewy tapioca in your favourite glasses and top each one with your different flavoured milk teas. Top with all of your favourite toppings, such as chewy sweets, sprinkles and strawberry sauce.