- 2 ready made supermarket beef burgers
- 120g Grated Cheese
- 2 slices of burger cheese
- 4 rashers of bacon
- 1 beef tomato, sliced
- 4-6 sliced gherkins
- 100g mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 sprigs thyme
- Shredded iceberg lettuce
- Sauces for serving like mustard, ketchup, mayo, chilli
- sauce etc
- Start by flattening out the burger patty and then place an empty tin in the middle and push it into the burgers to make a circular indent. This is to create the bowl shape. Push the circle down with the fingers so the meat is thin at the bottom and the sides are high, like a bowl. Wrap the bacon around the outside of the burger and at the ends, push into the meat to hold together.
- In a pan melt a knob of butter and add to this the crushed garlic, the leaves from the thyme and the sliced mushrooms. Cook down on a medium heat for about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Start filling the burger bowls. First the mushroom mixture, then the grated cheese, followed by the gherkins and the sliced tomato. Top with the slices of burger cheese.
- Wrap the uncooked bacon around the outside of the meat bowls.
- Place on a baking tray and under the grill for 12-15 minutes until the cheese is melted. Whilst this is cooking shred the lettuce and mix with a couple of the sauces you love. We used mustard, ketchup, mayo and tabasco. Serve along side the burger bowl when cooked.