Our bitesize burrito swirls give all the taste of your favourite burrito without the mess!
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 red chilli, cut in half
- 3 garlic cloves, bashed with the back of a knife
- A few sprigs of thyme
- 2 tbsp chipotle paste
- 2 tbsp franks hot sauce
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 2 cans of refried beans
- 250g mozzarella/cheddar mix
- 210g sour cream
- Handful chopped coriander
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, for serving
- Begin by making the pulled chicken filling. Bring a pan of water to the boil over a medium heat and once boiling add the chicken breasts, chilli, garlic cloves and thyme sprigs. Turn down the heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes, or until the chicken breast are cooked through.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking whisk the chipotle paste, hot sauce and butter together in a large bowl and set aside.
- When they’re cooked, remove the chicken breasts from the poaching liquor and shred with two forks. Add to the bowl with the sauce and stir to coat completely.
- Pre-heat the oven to 190 C / 170 C fan.
- On a work surface, Lay out a sheet of tin foil and lay the tortillas out, overlapping, to form a square on top. Spread over the refried beans, leaving a 1cm gap around the outside. Top with the chicken and spread over the beans, then finally sprinkle over most of the cheese - leaving some to sprinkle over the top of the roll. Roll up from the edge nearest to you, making sure to make the roll really tight, to prevent the fillings from falling out. Slice off the ends of the tortilla roll and discard then wrap in the tin foil. Transfer the roll to a baking tray.
- Bake in the oven, wrapped in the tin foil, for 10 minutes then unwrap and sprinkle over the remaining cheese and place back into the oven for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Whilst you’re waiting for the roll to bake, transfer the sour cream to a squeezy bottle with a small nozzle or a piping bag.
- Remove from the oven and using two fish slices, transfer to a serving board. Slice up and zig zag over the sour cream then finally sprinkle over the coriander. Serve with the lime wedges.