- 350 milliliters double cream
- 2 egg whites
- 100 grams soft light brown sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons toffee vodka (optional)
- 75 grams butter
- Popping candy (optional)
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- Butterscotch sauce: In a small saucepan, heat the butter, brown sugar and 100 milliliters of the cream until the sugar has dissolved over a medium heat. Once bubbling pour into a large bowl, add the salt and stir in the vodka (if using) and leave to cool.
- For the mousse: Whisk the egg whites to soft peaks, then add the caster sugar and whisk again into stiff peaks. In a separate bowl, whisk the remaining cream to soft peaks.
- Fold 3/4 of the cream into the cooled butterscotch mixture and then fold through the meringue mix until no large white lumps remain.
- Spoon into two beer or decorative glasses, then top with the remaining cream and a sprinkle of popping candy to look like beer foam. Chill before serving or enjoy immediately.