Butternut Squash Muffins
Venture into new territory with this delightful savoury muffin
- 250 grams Plain flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 80 grams uncooked rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons Spring onions, chopped
- 100 grams Mature Cheddar cheese
- 30 grams Feta, Chopped into small cubes
- 270 grams Butternut squash, roasted
- 175 milliliters Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 70 grams Créme fraiche
- 70 grams Cream cheese
- 30 grams Red peppers, diced
- Spring onion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Chop butternut squash into small cubes and place onto a baking tray. Drizzle over oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes until tender.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a big bowl.
- Add the rolled oats, spring onion, mature cheddar and feta and stir with a wooden spoon until the mixture has been evenly combined.
- Mash the roasted butternut squash in a separate bowl and mix with the milk and 2 eggs.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until combined, do not over mix.
- Spoon into cupcake cases and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- For the topping beat together the créme fraiche with the cream cheese until smooth and spoon into a piping bag with a star nozzle.
- Pipe the topping onto the muffins and garnish with diced red pepper and chopped spring onion.