- 1 whole camembert
- 6-8 slices of prosciutto
- 5 garlic cloves
- Small bunch of chives
- 1 pack of puff pastry
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- Flour for dusting
- Slice the top of the cheese off, peel the garlic and finely chop the chives.
- Into the topless cheese push in the garlic cloves and sprinkle over the chives, pushing some in where you can. Place the lid of the cheese back on and wrap the cheese in the ham. You want to wrap it so the whole wheel is covered, matching the ends round the other side of the cheese. This will take 6-8 slices depending.
- Once the cheese is cover in the ham, wrap in the sheet of pastry. It might be easier to trim the pastry so it is a square, and match the points to each other in the reverse side of the cheese. Pinch the pastry together
- And cut off any excess. The bottom should be flat and fairly smooth.
- Brush with the egg wash and do whatever pattern you wish to on top. Bake at 200°C for around 20 minutes, until the pastry is golden and puffy.