Cannelloni Grilled Sandwich
Cannelloni inside a grilled cheese?! EPIC.
- 4 slices of good sourdough
- Butter for spreading and melting
- 200 grams ricotta cheese
- 300 grams baby spinach
- 1 whole nutmeg for grating
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lemon for zesting
- 6-8 Cannelloni shells
- 70 grams parmesan cheese
- 50 grams grated mozzarella
- Small bunch of basil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 400 milliliters passata
- Olive oil
- Start with making the tomato sauce. In a medium saucepan on a medium heat, add a drizzle of olive oil and crush the garlic cloves and add those. Cook for a couple of minutes but don't let it burn. Add in the
- Passata and torn basil leaves and leave to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Boil a pan of salted water. Once boiling cook of the cannelloni tubes if not using leftovers, until al dente.
- Remove from heat and set aside. Drizzle with a little oil to stop it sticking.
- Wilt down the spinach leaves in a bit of butter on a medium heat. In a medium bowl mix together the wilted spinach with the ricotta, the nutmeg, the zest of the lemon and season to taste.
- Butter the sourdough and fill the cannelloni with the ricotta mix. Place the cannelloni in side the sandwich, top with grated parmesan and the mozzarella.
- Fry in a hot pan and place a lid on top or under the grill. Turn after 3-4 minutes if necessary. Serve once golden and the cheese is melting, with the tomato sauce for dipping.