Caramelised White Chocolate Brownies
Ever tried brownies with caramelised white chocolate? Now is the time!
- 500g good quality white chocolate
- sea salt flakes, to taste
- 4 eggs
- 400g caster sugar
- 200g light brown sugar
- 200g butter, melted
- 300g plain flour
- 120g cocoa powder
- For the chocolate: Heat oven to 130°C. If the white chocolate isn't already in small chunks, chop it coarsely. Scatter it on a clean, dry rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast chocolate in the oven for about 45 mins, stirring and smearing the chocolate around with a spatula every 5 to 10 minutes. Don't worry if it looks crumbly, lumpy and horrible at times - it will smooth out as you stir - you can place into a blender to smooth it out at any point.
- Continue cooking until the chocolate is as dark as you like. Stir in sea salt to taste. Pour into a jar to store.
- Brownie: Whisk eggs into sugars until well combined then add the melted butter and stir to incorporate. Add the flour and cocoa powder then stir through the caramelised white chocolate.
- Bake at 180 C for 20/25 minutes or until cooked through and a skewer inserted into the brownies comes out nearly clean.