- 6 slices of streaky smoked bacon
- 100g Parmesan, plus extra for garnishing
- 400g cream
- 300g Milk
- 4 eggs, frozen
- 1 packet tagliatelle pasta
- Salt and Pepper
- The night before, freeze the eggs. You want to take them out about 6 hours before you need them and let them defrost.
- On a line tray, layout 4 slices of bacon between two pieces of greaseproof paper and then weigh it down.
- Place the parmesan onto a small tray and then place both in a preheated oven at 180C. Bake the parmesan for about 5 minutes and the bacon until crisp.
- Chop the remaining bacon into small pieces and add to a saucepan. While the bacon is cooking, place your pasta in a saucepan of boiling water to cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove the bacon from the pan, straining off any excess oil and add the cream and two spoons of Parmesan to the same pan. Set the pan aside when it has come to a boil and add the bacon.
- Strain off the pasta when cooked and add to the cream mixture. Stir well until all the pasta is well coated.
- Carefully remove the previously frozen egg yolks and season them with salt and pepper. Assemble the pasta with the egg yolks, baked parmesan and bacon crisps.