- 1 x Beef Rib-eye steak 500g-1 kilogram
- Bunch of herbs - rosemary, thyme, tarragon
- 100 milliliters clarified butter
- 1 bulb of garlic whole
- Vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 120C.
- Heat up the cast iron pan well ahead to get it warm evenly.
- Prep the steak by flattening it slightly (to make it quicker to cook and even)
- Oil the meat, then place it into the hot cast iron skillet/pan.
- Push it down, keep it moving, then season with salt, and brush generously with the butter and herb brush.
- Once a lovely colour all over, place on a tray and into the oven. Depending on the size of the steak, it will take around 10 minutes (500g), or 2-3 (300g). Use a thermapen to measure the temperature of the steak before and after you place it in the oven to double check. You are aiming for 45c for rare, 48c-56c for medium rare-medium.
- Check seasoning, give it a 'kiss' of heat in the cast iron again and carve to serve.