- 2 small cauliflower heads
- 120 grams white breadcrumbs
- 1 egg yolk
- 100 grams parmesan
- 80 grams plain flour
- 80 grams panko bread crumbs
- Vegetable oil for shallow frying
- Boil a large pan of salted water. Break the cauliflower into florets and boil till just cooked still with a lot of bite. Drain and let them cool slightly, before adding to a food processor and whizzing until the cauliflower is fine and beginning to stick together. Transfer to a bowl, add in seasoning and 80 grams of the parmesan finely grated.
- Beat in the egg yolk and flour, and mix until the mixture comes together. Roll them into tot shapes, placing on a tray as you go until all the mixture is used up. Add the remaining parmesan to the the breadcrumbs then roll each tot in them until evenly covered. Repeat with the remaining tots and then leave in the fridge to firm up for 20 minutes.
- Fry in a shallow pan until golden and crisp. Blot before serving.