Cauliflower Pizza With Bacon
Imagine you could turn a cauliflower into pizza. Imagine no more!
- 1 small cauliflower, stalk removed and roughly chopped
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 6 tablespoons quinoa flour
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 white onion, very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 400 grams chopped tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4
- Put the cauliflower into the food processor and pulse until you have a fine texture (smaller than rice, but not quite flour). Add the egg whites, a large pinch of salt, oregano and the flour. Blitz until a dough forms.
- Grab a baking sheet, line it with baking paper and put half of the dough on it. Place another square of baking paper over the top, then roll or press out the pizza base with a rolling pin or a spoon until you have a circle about 1 centimeter thick.
- Brush the melted coconut oil over the pizza base.
- Cook in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the tablespoon. of oil in a saucepan over a medium heat, add the onion, rosemary and a pinch of salt and sauté for 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook for another 10 minutes at a medium simmer until the sauce is slightly reduced
- Pour the tomato mix on top of the cooked base and get ready to add your range of toppings.
- Cook in the oven for a further 10 minutes and serve.