Charred Chicken Chapati Wraps
Turn the humble chapati into something glorious with the help of charred chicken, shredded red cabbage and mint raita.
- Cast iron Tawa (a flat pan) or large flat pan
- Griddle pan
- Rolling pin
- 2 chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons Garam Masala
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 grated cucumber with juice squeezed out
- 150 grams red cabbage, finely shredded
- 100 grams iceberg, finely shredded
- 1/4 onion, finely sliced
- 25 grams mint / coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 pomegranate
- 200 milliliters yoghurt or coconut yoghurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- 125 grams plain flour
- Hot water
- Slice the chicken through the middle lengthways bash them down to around 1 inch thick.
- Marinade chicken in all the ingredients for around 30 minutes.
- For the chapati, combine all the ingredient apart from the water into a medium/large bowl.
- Using a large spoon slowly pour on the water, mixing whilst you go. Once the flour starts to stick together into a clump, start kneading it until you get a soft and pliable lump.
- Whisk honey, yogurt and lemon into a small bowl. Prep all vegetables, and put into a bowl and add all the rest of the vegetables and fruit.
- Put half the yoghurt on the salad and mix and cover well, leave the rest in the bowl.
- Grab a ball of dough, press it flat and roll into a circle about 4 mm thick.
- Cook for around 30 seconds each side, until bubbles start to appear.
- Heat up a griddle pan and cook the chicken for about 5 minutes each side.
- Shred the chicken, place it on the wrap, then the salad, the yogurt on top and serve.