- 1 garlic clove
- 300 milliliters white wine
- 400 grams emmental cheese, grated
- 400 grams gruyère cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon corn flour or 1 cheese triangle
- 1 large loaf of bread
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Cut a large rectangle into the loaf of bread, leaving a border around the edge about an inch thick, remove it and some of the excess bread to create a boat for the cheese fondue.
- Cut the removed bread into croutons and place onto a baking tray. Drizzle over olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Give the croutons a toss until evenly coated.
- Place the bread bowl and croutons under a grill until golden and toasted.
- For the cheese fondue, rub crushed garlic around the inside of a large heatproof bowl. Place over a pan of simmering water and pour in the wine. Heat the wine until it starts to steam.
- Meanwhile, mix together the two cheeses with the corn flour. You can leave the corn flour out if you would rather thicken the fondue with a cheese triangle.
- Add the mixed cheeses in 3 batches to the wine and stir until well combined, melted and smooth.
- Season with pepper and nutmeg before pouring the fondue into the grilled bread boat or fondue pot!
- I like to serve my fondue with the croutons some fresh vegetables, green apple and some grapes. Enjoy :D