Cheesy Garlic Dough Balls
You won't be able to get enough of these cheesy, garlic dough balls!
- 300 milliliters warm water
- 25 milliliters warm whole milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 7 grams easy bake yeast
- 400 grams '00' flour
- 100 grams semolina
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Butter for greasing
- Garlic butter:
- 75 grams salted butter, melted
- 1-2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Parsley, finely chopped
- Pour milk, water and sugar into a jar, stir in yeast and leave for a few minutes.
- Add flour, semolina and salt into a large bowl and whisk until combined. Make a well in the centre and pour in the wet ingredients. Stir together as much as you can with a wooden spoon and then tip the dough out onto a clean work surface and knead for about 10 minutes by hand.
- Grease the large bowl and dough with butter and place the dough back into the bowl, cover with cling film and leave to rise in a warm place until doubled in size. This should take around 45 minutes to 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Once doubled in size, punch down the dough and give it a little knead. Break off small amounts of dough and flatten with your fingers.
- Place chunks of mozzarella in the centre and wrap the dough around it. Place into a mini muffin tray and repeat with the remaining dough.
- Cover tray with cling film and leave to rise for another 20 minutes in a warm place.
- For the garlic butter, combine the butter, garlic and parsley in a bowl and stir until combined.
- Brush garlic butter over the risen dough balls and place into a preheated oven at 180°C for 20-25 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the oven and brush with more garlic butter. These are best enjoyed straight away.