Cheesy Hawaiian Stuffed Chicken
The smooth creamy cheese centre of our sweet and sticky chicken is about to become the talk of the town. What is there not to love about Hawaiian Stuffed Chicken?
- 4 chicken breasts
- 8 slices wafer thin honey glazed ham
- ½ Castello Creamy Havarti block
- ½ cup canned pineapple juice
- ½ cup teriyaki sauce
- ½ cup canned pineapple, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4 rings canned pineapple, cut into chunks
- Mixed leaves green salad
- 1 tbsp mint, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- Make the glaze: Whisk together the pineapple juice, teriyaki sauce, mustard and sugar in a small saucepan on medium heat until boiling. Turn down the heat and cook for 5 minutes until thickened. To this mixture, add the finely chopped pineapple and set aside.
- Make the chicken: Create a pocket in the center of each chicken breast with a long thin knife. Using your fingers, widen the pockets you just created, being careful not to tear the meat so the filling stays in while cooking.
- Next, slice the Castello Creamy Havarti block into long strips slightly shorter than the chicken and about ¼ inch wide. Wrap two slices of ham around each cheese strip and insert one cheese and ham roll into each breast. Finally, close the opening at the end of the each piece of chicken with two toothpicks each, set aside.
- Place a large cast iron griddle pan on the stove over medium-high heat; alternatively, heat your barbeque to medium-high heat. Once hot, add the chicken breasts. While in the pan, glaze the chicken with a pastry brush and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side, glazing them frequently to make sure they are nicely coated.
- To serve: Plate up the cooked chicken with a side of char-grilled pineapple and the mixed leaves salad, chopped mint and coriander. Dive into the melted center right away, enjoy!