Cheesy Middle Tater Tots
Regular tater tots are fine but cheesy middle tater tots are better!
- 400g rooster potatoes, peeled & halved
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 50g mozzarella, cubed
- Sea salt & ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Parmesan cheese, grated, to serve
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan and fill with cold water. Place a lid on and bring to a steady boil over a high heat. Par boil for about 6 minutes before draining and allowing to cool completely. When cool, grate coarsely on a box grater.
- Transfer the potato to a mixing bowl and mix through the flour and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper. Shape small amounts of the potato into squares and place a cube of mozzarella in the middle. Fold up the sides to form giant tater tot shapes, then set aside on a plate.
- Add the sunflower oil approximately half way up a large high sided wide casserole and bring to 180 C.
- Add the tots to the hot oil using a slotted spoon. Fry for 5-6 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the pan using a slotted spoon and drain on a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- Place the tots in a bowl and cover with a generous grating of Parmesan cheese. Toss to coat completely. Serve warm.