- 500 grams any pasta
- 100 grams butter
- 100 grams plain flour
- 400/500 milliliters milk
- 1 tub mascarpone
- 500 grams grated cheddar
- 200 grams grated Parmesan, plus 100g
- 2 balls mozzarella
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 pack streaky bacon / lardons
- Pop your pasta in salted water to cook for 10 minutes (make it slightly under as it'll continue cooking in its sauce).
- In a large pan, melt the butter. Add the flour and cook out for 3 minutes. Slowly add milk and beat to create a smooth white sauce.
- Stir in the mascarpone until smooth and then add the cheddar, 200 grams Parmesan and the mozzarella. Stir until melted and gooey and great.
- Chop up the bacon and cook off until crispy. Scatter over the pasta in a large a baking dish.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs and Parmesan over the top. Grill until crispy and golden.