Cheesy Quinoa Burger
If you've never been keen on quinoa, this cheesy burger may convert you. Satisfy your burger cravings with this cheesy quinoa burger.
- For the burger:
- 2 cups red quinoa, cooked in vegetable broth
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1/2 cup canned black beans
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for the pan
- For the rest:
- Spicy mayo
- Thinly sliced red onion
- Baby arugula
- Toasted buns
- In a bowl, combine all burger ingredients, except the mozzarella. Divide the mixture evenly, form patties, and then chill for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat olive oil on a skillet on medium heat. Add a few patties at a time, and cook for about 5 minutes on each side. Once golden brown and crispy, place on toasted buns. Top with hot sauce, mayo, arugula, and red onion.