Cheesy Risotto Pie
Leftover risotto? We have the answer! Our leftover risotto pie is the perfect family super!
- 500g leftover risotto, cooled
- 6 fresh chorizo sausages, squeezed out of their skins
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs of rosemary, leaves picked
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 200g arrabbiata sauce
- 25g butter, softened
- 50g panko breadcrumbs
- 6 slices of provolone
- 100g grated mozzarella
- 75g parmesan, grated, plus extra to serve
- Begin by making the ragu. Add 1 tsp olive oil to a pan set over a medium heat and when hot add the chorizo. Fry for 5 minutes, or until cooked through and golden, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Add the garlic and fry for a further 1 minute, then add the rosemary, chilli flakes and arrabbiata sauce. Cook for 5 minutes until the sauce is thick and reduced then take off the heat and set aside.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 C.
- Prepare a 20cm springform cake tin by greasing with the butter. Add the breadcrumbs to the tin and move it around so that the breadcrumbs stick to the butter. Turn the tin upside down to get rid of any excess breadcrumbs.
- Split the leftover risotto into thirds and use two thirds to line to cake tin - cover the base and the sides with the rice, making sure it comes quite a way up the side. Create a well in the centre of the rice and add the chorizo. Lay the provolone on top of the chorizo and then top with the mozzarella. Cover with the remaining third of risotto and finally sprinkle with the parmesan.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, or until piping hot throughout and golden on top.
- Remove from the cake tin and sprinkle with parmesan. Serve in slices.