Chicken Coconut Curry
The secret ingredient of this curry is okra & aubergine.
- 2 chicken legs, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 red onion, roughly diced
- 20 grams ginger, finely chopped
- 20 grams lemongrass, finely chopped or blended
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 250 grams potatoes, cubed
- 150 grams carrot, cubed
- 160 milliliters coconut milk
- 200 milliliters chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 90 grams okra, cut into bite sized pieces
- 50 grams mange tout (optional)
- 15 grams thai basil
- 15 grams spring onion, thinly sliced
- 2 fresh birds-eye chillies
- Heat a medium saucepan with vegetable oil and sweat off the red onion, ginger and lemongrass on a medium heat. Once the onion has softened, add the chicken to brown off.
- Then add the curry powder, stirring well to coat the chicken.
- Then add garlic, coconut milk and chicken stock, mixing well with the potatoes and carrot. Continue to cook with a lid on for about 10 minutes. In the meantime, cut the okra (adding any other vegetable of your choice) then season the curry with fish sauce, sugar and a pinch of black pepper, and add in the additional vegetables. Cook for a further 8- 10 minutes.
- Garnish with thai basil and spring onions and a few slices of red birdseye chilli.
- Serve with steamed rice or best with a fresh baguette and butter.