Chicken Fried Steak
In this episode, we head to Austin to check out Ranch 616 and their delicious Chicken Fried Steak.
- Cube Steak
- 2 Eggs
- Salteen Crackers
- All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Cups Milk
- 4 tablespoons Bacon Fat
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapenos
- Season your steaks with salt, pepper, paprika and cayenne.
- Dip steaks in egg then flour. Repeat, egg and flour, then dredge the steaks in finely crushed saltine crackers.
- Fry steaks for 3-4 minutes on one side in a skillet containing 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, and 2 tablespoons of bacon fat ove medium-high heat.
- Flip steaks, reduce heat to medium and cook 3-4 more minutes.
- For the gravy, mix 2 tablespoons of flour into your remaining bacon fat, and stir until golden brown. Whisk in 2 cups milk until thickened, and add pickled jalapenos if desired.