Don't throw out your leftover chicken. Try out this Chicken Miso instead.
- 1 leftover roast chicken carcass
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 750 milliliters water
- 1 large tablespoon miso paste
- Thumb-sized piece of ginger, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- Handful of baby spinach
- Shredded leftover chicken
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha hot sauce
- 1 handful coriander
- Make the stock by adding all the ingredients, bringing to the boil and simmering for 30 minutes and strain.
- Place the stock into a clean saucepan and add in the ginger and miso paste. Simmer for 3 minutes, before adding in half the spring onion, chilli and carrot and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in the noodles, bring back to the boil and cook as per the time on the packet (usually 2 minutes).
- Add in the spinach, remaining spring onions and any leftover roast chicken, and season with soy sauce (you may not need it all). Garnish with Sriracha sauce and coriander.