Chicken Parm Drumsticks
Your favourite chicken parm with all the fun of chicken drumsticks!
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1 tbsp of salt
- 50g of plain flour
- 200g breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp of dried oregano,
- 1 tsp of garlic granules
- Pinch of red chilli flakes
- Pinch of black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Basil stems from a bunch of basil (10g), finely sliced
- 1 tbsp of fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 2 x 680g passata bottles
- 50g Parmesan, grated
- 250g mozzarella, sliced in to 8 long pieces
- 5g of fresh basil leaves to garnish
- 5g of fresh oregano leaves to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200C fan and line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
- Remove the chicken drumsticks from the packaging and pat dry with kitchen paper. Season both sides with salt.
- Place the plain flour in a bowl and toss the chicken drumsticks in it, one at a time, until completely covered in flour.
- Place the breadcrumbs in a bowl and combine with the oregano, garlic granules, black pepper.
- Place the beaten eggs in a bowl, dip the chicken drumsticks in to the egg and then in to the bowl with the breadcrumb mixture, toss until the chicken drumstick is completely covered in the breadcrumb mixture, press them firmly on and place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining drumsticks.
- Place the breaded drumsticks in to the oven for 15- 20 minutes, until the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
- While the chicken is cooking make the tomato sauce. Place the olive oil in a medium frying pan and warm over a medium heat. Add the onion and a pinch of salt, sweat the onions until they are translucent, they shouldn’t brown, if they are starting to colour reduce the heat. Add the garlic and basil stems and cook for a further few minutes. Add the oregano and passata and cook for a further 5 minutes, until the sauce has reduced and thickened. At this point it can be pureed to a smooth sauce or left slightly chunky.
- Remove the chicken drumsticks from the oven, place in an over proof dish or roasting tin. Pour the tomato sauce around the sides of the chicken, then scatter the parmesan over the top of the drumsticks. Then cover each drumstick with a slice of mozzarella.
- Return to the oven and cook for a further 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbling. Scatter with basil and oregano and serve.