Chicken Quinoa Salad
Chicken and quinoa salad is your perfect bulk up meal prep recipe!
- 450g Chicken breast, skin off and cut into pieces
- Small bunch of thyme, leaves picked
- 1 ½ cup quinoa
- 2 medium sweet potato
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 spring onions
- Handful pumpkin seeds
- ½ pomegranate, bashed
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Cut the sweet potato into 2cm chunks. Sprinkle over the cinnamon and the chilli flakes
- In a hot pan on a medium to hot heat, warm up a few sprays of oil. Add to this the chicken with the zest of the lemon and a good pinch of salt and the thyme leaves.
- Leave this to cook for about 8 minutes till golden on each side and cooked through.
- Cook the quinoa according to the packet and leave to cool. Season and drizzle with a little oil and a squeeze of lemon so it doesn’t stick.
- Cut the spring onions into slices and then mix with the quinoa, chicken and sweet potato in a large bowl. Toss with the lemon juice, oil and the herbs. Mix through the seeds and the pomegranate and check for seasoning.
- This is enough for three protein filled salads so divide between containers and store in the fridge for weekday lunches.