Chinese Steamed Pork Buns
Now you can make epic steamed buns at home!
- 1 tsp dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup corn flour
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 diced Cha Sui Pork
- or left over chinese roast pork
- Dough: Place yeast and water in a bowl. Sift together the flours. In an electric mixer with a dough hook (or by hand) add all of the ingredients and mix until soft smooth dough forms. Cover and allow to rest for 2 hours. Knock back and rest once more.
- Filling: Chop left over pork. In a hot pan fry the spring onions. Add the wet ingredients and sugar. When it begins to bubble add the flour to thicken the mix.
- Remove from the heat and stir in chopped pork. Allow to cool.
- Prepare a pot of water and bamboo steamer. Roll the dough into a long noodle. Cut off small pieces and press each one into a disc. Using a rolling pin rotate disc so that you are only thinning the edges. Leaving a thicker centre.
- Add a spoonful of filling to each and close at the top.Place each bun onto non stick paper and steam for 12 minutes.