Chocolate and Coke Cake
Combine two of life's greatest foods in this one-of-a-kind cake
- 250 milliliters coke, reserving 20 milliliters for the frosting
- 250 grams butter
- 75 grams cocoa powder
- 300 grams plain flour
- 200 grams caster sugar
- 110 grams yoghurt
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3-4 tablespoons icing sugar
- Cola bottle sugars for decorating
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease and line a 8' cake tin.
- In a pan, heat the coke and the butter, until the butter has completely melted. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar and yoghurt. Fold the dry ingredients into this mix and then finally fold in the butter mix.
- Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes or until just cooked through, it does have a slightly fudgey consistency. If the cake looks like it is colouring too quickly on top, cover it with tin foil halfway through.
- While the cake is cooling, make a cola icing. Mix the icing sugar with the cola until the right consistency. You can spread it all over or drizzle. Decorated with the cola sweets if using.