- 240 milliliters Guinness
- 250 grams butter, softened
- 400 grams caster sugar
- 75 grams cocoa powder
- 275 grams plain flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 145 milliliters sour cream
- 2.5 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 300 grams cream cheese
- 150 grams icing sugar
- 120 milliliters double cream
- Grease a cake tin with butter and line with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan, mix the beer and butter and heat until melted. Whisk in the sugar and cocoa powder until blended. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, sour cream and vanilla and whisk into the beer mixture.
- Combine the flour and baking soda and mix into the beer mixture until smooth and then pour into the cake tin.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 45 minutes to an hour, or until a cocktail stick comes out clean meanwhile whilst the cake is baking, make the icing. Beat the cream cheese and add in the icing sugar. Mix together, then loosen with the cream. Beat to a smooth consistency. Set aside until the cake has cooled.
- When the cake is completely cooled, spoon over the frosting and just using the back of a spatula smooth over the top of the cake. Delicious.